January, 2019 - Calendar of Events / Activities
We have exciting programs going on in January:
- Knitting & Crocheting - January 7th at 10:30 a.m. - Sign up required
- Senior Quick Tips - Tuesday, January 8th at 12:00 p.m. - Sign up required - Presented by Sandy Singleton - Denial: When it helps, when it hurts; Staying warm in colder weather; Hypothermia, Frost Bite; and Sleep Apnea
- OSHIIP Consultation, Wednesday - January 9th at 12:00 p.m. - 4:0o p.m. - sign up required Beginning 2019 there will be a Medicare Advantage Open Enrollment period (January 1st through March 31st). Ms. Dowd-Mikolajczyk, a trained OSHIIP volunteer will help us understand Medicare better in order to make informed choices. APPOINTMENTS REQUIRED. Each appointment is individualized and confidential.
- Lunch-N-Learn - Thursday, January 10th at 12:00 p.m. - Sign up required with a light lunch - Cold Weather Safety.
- Toss and Talk - Monday, January 14th at 1:00 p.m. - Sign up required - Reminisce and share memories with fellow members. When the ball is caught a player responds to questions or statements under his or her right thumb. Topics include favorite childhood radio programs, toys, food and more.
- Lunch-N-Learn - Tuesday, January 22nd at 12:00 p.m. - Sign up required. ClearCaptions is a federally certified company that provides captioned telephones, at no cost, for individuals with hearing loss. Attend to learn more about how you or a loved one with hearing loss can receive a captioned telephone.
- Cleveland Sight Center - Wednesday, Jnauary 23rd at 11:00 a.m. - Sign up required - Tips and techniques to help those live better with vision loss.
- Burger Tasting with Wesley "Pop" Swenson - Thursday, January 24th at 12:00 p.m. - Sign up required with a light meal. Swenson's Burgers will share the Galley Boy "America's Best cheeseburger." SIGN UP IS REQUIRED BY 1/22/19
- Nurse Practitioner Office Hours - Monday, January 28th from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Lunch Out - Matteo's on Thursday, January 31st at 12:30 p.m. - Meet at Matteo's in Grand Pacific Junction in Olmsted Falls to enjoy lunch out with friends. Please sign up by January 28th.
REMINDERS:Tai Chi Easy for Wellness and Balance takes place every Thursday at 11:00 a.m. - Sign up is required
Olmsted Falls Fire Department Paramedics are at the Jenkins Place every Thursday at 10:30 a.m. to check blood pressure, pulse and pulse oxidation.
Bingo every Friday at 12:00 p.m. - unless otherwise noted - sign up required
Brainworks takes place every Friday at 1:00 p.m. - Sign up required
Seniors who live in Olmsted Falls or Olmsted Township can now pick up their OFHS Senior Bulldog Card at the Jenkins Place, Monday thru Friday during regular business hours (9:00 a .m. - 2:00 p.m.). The card gets you into home athletic events for free.