August, 2019 - Calendar of Events / Activities
We have exciting programs going on in August:
- Cornhole - Mondays, August 8, 22, & 29 at 10:15 a.m. - sign up required.
- Scrabble - Tuesdays, August 13, 20 & 27 at 1:00 p.m. AND Fridays, August 9, 16, 23 & 30 at 11:00 a.m. - sign up required.
- Crafty Meet Up - Monday, August 5th at 10:30 a.m. - sign up required. New monthly craft meeting.
- Lunch-N-Learn - Monday, August 5th at 12:00 p.m. - Attorney Maggie Karl will be present to discuss the importance of general estate planning.
- Telestrations - Tuesday, August 6th at 1:00 p.m. - sign up required. Join us for a drawing game similar to Pictionary.
- Indians Game - Wednesday, August 7 at 1:00 p.m. - sign up required - light meal provided.
- Kanjam - Wednesdays, August 7, 14, 21 & 28 at 11:00 a.m. - sign up required. KanJam is a flying disc game played with a disc and two cans. The object is to score points by throwing and deflecting the disc. Come and learn a fun new game.
- 50 Years Later: Looking at the Summer of Love, Altamont and Woodstock - Monday, August 12 at 1:00 p.m. - sign up required
- Senior Quick Tips - Tuesday, August 13 at 12:00 p.m. - sign up required - Dehydration in Seniors
- Insurance Consultation - Wednesday, August 14 at 12:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Putt Putt Outing - Monday, August 19 at 11:00 a.m. - sign up required - small fee - Meet at Dairy Queen on Bagley Road.
- Hummus Tasting - Tuesday, August 20 at 12:00 p.m. - sign up required - small snack provided - Sample a variety of hummus from our local famous Sunoco - Mama Mary's hummus.
- Happy Hour with Linda & Dale Kirk - Thursday, August 22 at 1:00 p.m.
- Update Meeting - Tuesday, August 27 at 12:00 p.m. - sign up required - light lunch provided.
- Lunch and A Show - Wednesday, August 28 at 12:00 p.m. - sign up required - bring a lunch for the matinee screening of A Dog's Journey
- Lunch out at Zach's Steakhouse in Berea - Thursday, August 29 at 12:30 p.m. - sign up required - cost of lunch will be on your own
- Lunch-N-Learn - Stroke Prevention and Awareness - Friday, August 30 at 12:00 p.m. - sign up required - light lunch provided.
- Nurse Practitioner Office Hours - Monday, August 26th from 2:00 p.m. until 4:00 p.m.
- Upcoming Trips - Goodtime III Cruise on August 28th from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. (cost is $32.02); September 26th - MGM Northfield Park Casino and Elvis Tribute Concert (cost is $44.00) ($20.00 casino credit)
Southwest General Van Transportation Program - For those unable to provide their own transportation to and from Southwest General medical facilities, the hospital offers FREE convenience curb to curb transportation service available to residents from Southwest General's primary service area including Olmsted Falls. Transportation times are Monday - Friday from 9:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. For more information call 440-816-4046.
*******NEW******** Tech help with Teens - Wednesdays in July from 11:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m. sign up required - teen volunteers from the community will be here each month to help with computers, tablet and smart phone questions. Please remember to sign up so we know how many volunteers will be needed each Wednesday.
Wii Tennis - every Wednesday at 11:00 a.m.
Tai Chi Easy for Wellness and Balance takes place every Thursday at 11:00 a.m. - Sign up is required
Olmsted Falls Fire Department Paramedics are at the Jenkins Place every third Thursday at 10:30 a.m. to check blood pressure, pulse and pulse oxidation.
Bingo every Friday at 12:00 p.m. - unless otherwise noted - sign up required
Brainworks takes place every Friday at 1:00 p.m. - Sign up required
Seniors who live in Olmsted Falls or Olmsted Township can now pick up their OFHS Senior Bulldog Card at the Jenkins Place, Monday thru Friday during regular business hours (9:00 a .m. - 2:00 p.m.). The card gets you into home athletic events for free.