The Planning Commission's Role
The City Planning Commission is responsible for guiding the orderly growth and development of the City of Olmsted Falls. The City Charter establishes the Planning Commission and defines the powers and duties of the Commission, including:
- Recommending a Comprehensive Plan to Council for the orderly development of the Community.
- Recommending ordinances to Council that are related to planning and zoning.
- Recommending capital projects.
- Interpretation of the planning and zoning Code.
- Review and approval of all divisions of land.
- Review and approval of conditional uses of land.
- Review and approval of all development plans.
- Interacts with and receives recommendations from other boards and commissions, the City's administrative departments, and outside consultants.
The Planning Commission Members:
The Planning Commission is composed of five volunteer, uncompensated members appointed by the Mayor and confirmed by Council. Members serve for a five-year term, each member's term being staggered by one year.
Matt Melis, Chairman - Term Expires: 12/31/2014
Vacant - Term Expires: 12/31/2015
Brett Iafigliola - Term Expires: 12/31/2016
Mark Christopher - Term Expires: 12/31/2013
William Eichenberg - Term Expires: 12/31/2017
Garry Thompson - Council Liaison - Term Expires:
The Planning Commission is supported by the following administrative staff and outside consultants.
Angi Mancini, Secretary
Robert McLaughlin, Building and Zoning Administrator
LJB Incorporated, Professional City Planner
Beverly Smith, Council Liaison
Planning Commission Meetings:
Regular Planning Commission meetings are held on the first and third Tuesday of each month at 7:30 PM at City Hall, Boards & Commissions Room located at 26100 Bagley Road. The Planning Commission may call special meetings for any purpose, and will post a notice of such meetings at City Hall/Police Department and the Library. The Planning Commission is in recess during the month of July.
Latest Planning Commission Meeting Agenda
Any questions or concerns regarding any of the above information should be directed to the Planning Commission Secretary at 440-235-5550. EMAIL
The office is open Monday through Friday during the hours of 8:30 a.m.- 5:00 p.m.