City of Olmsted Falls
26100 Bagley Rd.
Olmsted Falls, OH
"Olmsted Falls 1987 - 2007"
Ann Marie Donegan
Council at Large
8845 Columbia Rd.
I am proud to have represented the people of Olmsted Falls throughout the years as your at-Large representative.I also thank you for your solid support during the elections.
Civic leadership encompasses listening and responding to the needs of citizens. This has been the hallmark of my tenure on Council. Good government requires that the citizenry be heard and that the elected officials pay attention.
A great way to get your voice heard is to attend Council meetings. Meetings are held on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of every month at 7:30 p.m. in City Hall. These Council meetings provide the opportunity to have direct input into the governing of our city. If you have any questions about any City activities, please do not hesitate to contact me or visit the City website at www.olmstedfalls.org.
The people of this community deserve to be treated fairly, to be told the truth and to have their opinions and position respected by their elected officials – a promise I will keep.
• President Pro-Tempore, Olmsted Falls City Council, 2001-2005, 2008-2009.
• Olmsted Falls City Council, 2001-2005, 2008-present.
• President, AMD Consulting, a small business specializing in project management, business management, health care management, managed care management and lobbying.
• Baldwin Wallace College, Bachelor of Arts.
• Fairview General Hospital School of Nursing, Registered Nurse
• Past Board Member, Olmsted Chamber of Commerce
• Past Board Member, Cuyahoga County Workforce Investment Board
• Board Member, Cleveland State University Urban Affairs Leadership Academy
• Past Board Member, YMCA, Southwest Branch
• Past Member, Olmsted Parks & Recreation Board
• Member, Ohio Farm Bureau
• Past Member, HealthCare Executives of Northeast Ohio
• Past Member, American College of Healthcare Executives
• Past Foreman, Cuyahoga County Common Pleas Court Grand Jury, 2000
• Received Citizens Award from the City of Cleveland for heroic actions, 1995.
• Junior Achievement teacher, Falls-Lenox 1999-present.
• Recognized as One of Cleveland’s Most Interesting People for 2001, Cleveland Magazine.
• Ashland University Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) affiliate professor, 2003 and 2009.
• Voted by classmates as Outstanding Leader in the Cleveland State University Urban Affairs – Leadership Academy, 2004.
• Initiated the creation / founding member of the Historical Society of Olmsted Falls and currently serving as Vice President.
• Former Chairman Union Cemetery Association, “Chestnut Grove Cemeteries”
Previous Council Leadership:
• Coordinated bus trip so Seniors could receive affordable prescription mediation (more than $25,00 was saved by participants
• Co-sponsored legislation to encourage safer use of cell phones
• Revitalized initiative with Cleveland State University to complete a Market Business Assessment in key economic areas within Olmsted Falls
• Revived Juvenile Diversion Program which enabled a “closer to home” approach to dealing with youthful offenders
• Initiated establishment of Rules of Order for Council, which enables consistent, accountable and fair practices within Council. This is a City Charter requirement that never was previously adopted
• Continues to provide a voice for the long-term planning and fiscal accountability in City government
I am pleased that I have been appointed as Chairman of the Finance Committee. I have also been assigned to the Legislation and Insurance Committees. I have also been appointed as the Southwest General representative.
Over the years I have either chaired or been a member of the following committees: Finance, Legislation, Safety, Community Development and Insurance.
All committees meet the third Monday of every month. Please check the City calendar for meeting times.
Also, I believe in being a strong voice and advocate for our residents. I am also available every third Thursday from 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.(depends on need) at City Hall - any resident who has an issue with anything in the city can come up, not worry about formality and protocol, discuss the issue with me and I will do what I can to address their issue.
Ann Marie Donegan
Council at Large